Highly recommended to sales people of companies committed not to hand over sales to competition nor allow revenue opportunities to be wasted
Why allow a precious sales opportunity, a valuable account or customer to be lost simply because of outdated, ineffective selling obstacle handling methods?
- Replace outdated methods that cause more harm than good!
- Understand each nature and type of obstacle.
- Learn personality-appropriate handling options for each type of obstacle.
- Integrate your obstacle handling into a smooth systematic-client-centric process for even better results!
*The EXCLUSIVE and PROPRIETARY FRAMEWORK and METHODS have been developed by Mansmith and Fielders, the leader in sales and marketing training, coaching and consulting, culled from what really works and proven effective in multiple selling settings (business-to-business, business-to-consumer, selling to and thru distribution channels, selling at retail point and any other face-to-face selling in almost every industry) for as long as human psychology is involved in buying and not some robotic digital algorithm.
First of all your sales people will be guided to unlearn obsolete and inefficient methods like the “Yes, ______, but ________”that wreaks of massive failure (almost 1 in every 2 and still rising) in these times when the new generation of decision makers seek less sugar-coated answers and none of the frivolous puffery of yester decades. Your salespeople will be asked to surrender their traditional shot gun approach that exacts more collateral damage than success to be replaced by a more precise sniper rifle that does the job accurately with little or no harm to relationship and salesperson’s credibility.
Secondly, they will learn that not all obstacles are objections! By becoming more acquainted with the different types of obstacles, where incidentally, only 3 of 9 are objection-types, your sales people can have a more precise and effective handling of each kind of obstacle. They will learn to diagnose what is in front of them and thereafter apply the appropriate handling method guided by a client-centric mother process.
By having so, even your less charming salesperson equipped with this skill can replicate success based on a more scientific approach to influencing human behavior.
KEY BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
Each participant will:
- gain knowledge of obstacle handling frameworks and processes rooted in buyer-psychology
- understand each of the different types of obstacles
- acquire skill seed implants particularly in the determining the nature of the obstacle and also in handling such with precision
- be able to immediately apply framework, process and skill implants in the skill drill laboratory
- earn confidence points that multiplies individual effectiveness
KEY BENEFITS TO COMPANIES
The company will gain:
- increase in sales transaction closing ratio
- minimization of lost revenue opportunities
- (executed well) does not erode the company’s negotiation stance should it come to that
- better customer satisfaction and loyalty at a profit
- financial advantages from a more effective and efficient sales handling of customers
- (when the other non-sales team members also attend) higher level of interdepartmental understanding, cooperation and support for one another
NOT ALL OBSTACLES ARE OBJECTIONS! NOT ALL PRICING QUESTIONS ARE OBJECTIONS!
The seminar helps participants distinguish between the different types of obstacles. Only in so doing, will they be able to handle each effectively. By anchoring on selling science frameworks and principles as well as using a logic-based client-centric handling process, supplemented by real-cases in easier-to-understand-and-retain story format, participants gain a systematic and clear approach to addressing selling obstacles. Combine a visual framework-matrix of the critical knowledge being passed on followed thru with skill drills on both obstacle diagnosis and handling, learning effectiveness is supercharged and made enjoyable at the same time.
Preliminary Part: Anchoring on Solid Foundation- Where Selling Obstacles Come From
- Exploring the ‘Null Action Zone’
- Retracing steps to the source of obstacles- failed execution of the selling equation
- Complication Avoidance: Compounding the mistake with new ones that will mutate the problem to a much bigger one
Part 1A: Skill # 1 Diagnosing the Nature and Type of the Obstacle
- Uses a matrix-guide for visual ease
- Allows the participant to differentiate each type of obstacle
Part 1B: Skill Drills for Diagnosing the Nature and Type of the Obstacle
Part 2A Skill # 2 Handling Each Type of Obstacle
- Uses a matrix-guide for visual ease
- Provides personality-oriented options of handling each type of obstacle
- Allows the participant to understand how to use each type of method
Part 2B: Skill Drills for Handling Each Type of Obstacle
Part 3A Skill # 3 Integrated Obstacle Handling Process
- Anchors on buyer psychology
- Provides a mother process that integrates the entire obstacle handling method into a smooth system, with a client centric-logical sequence of steps as a valuable guide
Part 3B: Skill Drills for the Integrated Obstacle Handling Process
Learning Summary and Skill Development Tips
Utilizes the following:
- Interactive Lectures
- Real Stories (Sales Cases)
- Buddy drills
- Class-observed and critiqued Role Plays
- Matrix-tool Guide Familiarization
- Class Discussions
Case examples from the following products / industries may be cited:
- Consumer Durables
- Direct Selling
- Events Marketing
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (Food & Beverage, Personal Care, Cosmetics)
- Network Marketing
- Professional Services
Case examples of the following scenarios shall be discussed:
- Why ‘Yes, but’ is a ‘has been’.
- Why price questions are not all objections
- Where obstacles come from
- For each nature and type of obstacle
- For every handling method of each nature and type of obstacle
- How the integrated process works
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course should be required for every sales person, young or old, inexperienced or a veteran still who are still using traditional objection-handling methods. Failure to update their methods is too much of a risk and far more expensive in terms of lost business opportunities for any company to bear. The seminar provides the frontline veteran an unlearning, learning and relearning opportunity to evolve directionally away from career extinction. On the other hand, the course provides the sales neophyte, a powerful head start against reinvented selling veterans and hotshot novices. This is also recommended to personnel who need to sell their proposals and ideas within their companies or conglomerates and to win management, team or peer approval
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY EXPERT
Partner and Chief Sales Strategist
26 year-plus veteran of Training, Coaching and Consulting. 28 years of successful sales, buying and negotiation practice, injector of science in the fields of selling, negotiation, sales management, business-to-business marketing, and retail optimization as well as management via his original framework, processes and tools. He is the pioneering developer of the world’s first mathematics of negotiation, strategic nego-mapping methodology, 3D Language Wheel (verbals tones and body language), selling mechanics as well as systematic account development strategies, tools in a business-to-business setting, sales management framework, simplified problem solving, effective coordination, the 4 modes of management, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective coordination and smoothen communication in organizations and many more. He provides a 360-degree and multi-dimensional set of perspectives from that of the CEO, middle management, down to that of the front-liner and staff member and has had exposure in almost every industry.
Rowen Paul A. UntiveroPartner and Chief Sales Strategist
Rowen Paul Untivero is a Partner and Chief Sales Strategist of Mansmith and Fielders, Inc. He is a veteran of Training, Coaching and Consulting for a quarter of a century and with almost 3 decades of successful sales, buying and negotiation practice, injector of science in the fields of selling, negotiation, sales management, business-to-business marketing as well as management in general via his original framework, processes and tools. He has contributed much science to business as the pioneering developer of the world’s first mathematics of negotiation, the strategic nego-mapping methodology, reading and projecting verbals and tones over the phone or to include body language when face to face, as well as systematic account development strategies, tools in a business-to-business setting, sales management framework, simplified problem solving, effective coordination, the 4 modes of management, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective coordination and smoothen communication in organizations and many more. He provides a 360-degree and multi-dimensional set of perspectives from that of the CEO, middle management, down to that of the front-liner and staff member and has had exposure in almost every industry.
He graduated Cum Laude at the University of the Philippines, Diliman, with a bachelor’s degree in BS Economics, a pinned member of two prestigious international honor societies: Phi Kappa Phi International Honor Society and Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society for Social Sciences; supplemented by MBA studies in De La Salle University, an Executive Education Program on Strategic Business Leadership from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business-Illinois, USA, and the attendance to numerous seminars and conferences in sales, marketing, management, and leadership.
Rowen is a valuable combination of being a training master, a seasoned and successful practitioner of marketing, sales and general management, an educator, a co-author, a columnist and a consultant. As a Senior Consultant and Partner in Mansmith & Fielders, Inc. apart from public seminars he has conducted, he has also been engaged in various training and consulting programs, for diverse clientele.
He was Country Manager for Alcatel Mobile Phones, before moving to entrepreneurship. He is currently the Founding Director of DigiPost Marketing Inc., a narrowcasting media pioneer dealing with digital display advertising, the President of Privilege Z!, and also the Chairman & CEO of Connecting Mavens, the business development arm of the Mansmith Group.
As an educator, he has taught marketing and sales subjects in Ateneo de Manila University and St. Scholastica’s College. He has been sought as speaker for numerous conventions and conferences of varied industries as well as the academe.
Rowen has also been director of the boards of the Advertising Board of the Philippines (ADBOARD) and Philippine Association of National Advertisers (PANA). He also became a trustee for the PANA Foundation. He was also twice Vice President of the Philippine Marketing.