“But I am not from the Marketing Department!”
While most companies have their formal marketing teams, the discipline is not the department’s monopoly. For the company to truly have an edge in the seamless execution of plans, all functional departments must also wear an informal “marketing hat” as they do their day jobs. This module is designed to create an understanding of the integral frameworks of the marketing discipline. It maps out the 3 cardinal rules of the practice that will help determine the nature of the marketing mix. It will also give an in-depth understanding of the famed P’s of Marketing and what makes a good marketing program.
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MARKETING GOES BEYOND YOUR TEXTBOOK DEFINITIONS AND CLASSROOM DISCUSSIONS.
Learn applicable frameworks and tools in analyzing your customer, your company and your competitor to come up with a sound marketing mix. This course gives you examples that are more drawn from various industries to ensure that participants are able to relate principles and frameworks to existing challenges they face.
KEY BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
Each participant will learn:
- The integral frameworks of marketing
- Tools in understanding your company as well as your customer/consumer
- Tools in understanding competitor’s strategy and how to anticipate what they might do next
- Appreciation of the different parts of the marketing mix and what contributes to the success of the mix
KEY BENEFITS TO COMPANIES
The company will gain:
- Marketing oriented non-marketers who understand that they too have a part in designing the marketing mix
- Ease in synchronizing inter-departmental efforts in planning and executing marketing plans/programs via a common marketing language
Module 1: Understanding the Strategic Marketing Framework
- The fundamental what’s and how’s of marketing
- The different concepts of marketing and how they define your company’s moves and thinking
Module 2: The Groundwork: 3 Cardinal Rules of Marketing
Know thy customer and consumers
- How different market segments behave
- What attributes customers look for
Know thy company
- Key Factors for Success
Know thy competitors
- Who determines competition
- Studying competitive moves
- Strategic focus and assumptions
Module 3: Appreciating the Parts of the Marketing Mix
- The four P’s of marketing and factors affecting each
- Different strategic options for each of the P’s
- New product concept and product positioning
- How consumers make decisions and evaluate alternatives
- How to stimulate the buying behavior
- The concept of product life cycle in the context of creating your mix
Module 4:Creating your Marketing Program
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is meant for non-marketing executives as well as new practitioners with less than 2 years of experience. It is also useful for marketing support teams or partners / allied agencies.
Be inspired with case examples from the following products/industries:
- Automobile Industry
- Banking Industry
- Clothing Industry
- Consumer Durables
- OTC Pharma
PAST PARTICIPANTS INCLUDE
- Marketing Assistant of Bounty Agro Ventures, Inc.
- Sales Assistant- Customer Service of Cebu Holdings, Inc.
- Sr. Application Systems Consultant of Fujitsu Philippines, Inc.
- Supervisor of Philippine Batteries, Inc.
- Professional Mktg Specialist of Unilab Consumer Health Group
- Vetcare Personnel of Universal Robina Corporation
- Service Supervisor of Waters Philippines
- Manager, Customer Support of Yokogawa Philippines, Inc.
- ME- Assistant Manager of Canon Marketing (Philippines), Inc.
- Marketing Associate of LBC Express, Inc.
- Assistant Manager of Bank of the Philippine Islands
- Marketing Services Specialist of Cargill Philippines, Inc.
- Product Specialist, of Monark Equipment Corporation
- Marketing Manager of Vethealth Corporation
- Assistant Brand Manager of Merck, Inc. Philippines
- General Manager of Sophia Jewellery Inc.
- Marketing Manager of Puratos Philippines
- Brand Manager of PHILUSA Corporation
- Unit Head of BDO Insurance Brokers, Inc.
- General Manager of New Gen Marketing. Inc.
- LSM & Merchandising Manager of ACA Group of Companies
“The content is very informative and helped me to easily apply in our value prop for the upcoming projects that we will be launching.”
- Joanna Marie Punzalan, Marketing Specialist, AMAIA Land Corp.
“The content of the seminar is very much applicable to today’s status.”
- Jorge Dino, Product Manager, Getz Pharma Philippines, Inc.
“Ms. Chiqui’s energy is amazing, and her delivery of the course content is very engaging!”
- Nadine Enrile, Sr. Procurement Officer, Sanofi- Aventis Philippines, Inc.
“Mansmith was very helpful in providing a deeper understanding of marketing especially to us new marketers.”
- MaikaJeanna Valente, Brand Manager, PHILUSA Corporation
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY EXPERT
CEO and Chief Behavioral Strategist
- Co-author/editor of 8 marketing and entrepreneurship books
- Chair of the Women’s Business Council PH
- Finished the 1-year Advanced Management Program (IESE Business School New York and Barcelona)
- Executive Scholar in Marketing and Sales (Kellogg Business School)
- Took advanced marketing programs at Columbia Business School (Ceibs campus), Harvard Business School, University of California-Berkeley, IESE (New York)
- Certified Master Coach (by the Behavioral Coaching Institute) and Certified A.I. Training Facilitator (by Company of Experts USA)
- One of the Top Filipina Entrepreneurs 2011 (Trailblazer category)
- Go Negosyo Enabler Awardee 2014; ASEAN Women Network Awardee 2015
- Has an M.A. in Anthropology, University of the Philippines (thesis pending)
Chiqui Escareal-GoCEO and Chief Behavioral Strategist
Chiqui Escareal-Go is the President and CEO of Mansmith and Fielders, Inc., an advocacy-based marketing, sales, innovation and strategy training and consultancy company. She heads the Mansmith Training Group, which includes Corporate Achievers Institute, Sensei Business Academy and Day 8 Business Academy.
She is also Vice Chair of Waters Philippines, the market leader in the premium segment of home water purifiers, as well as the importer of the Noah ion cell cleanse.
She actively set up, organized or strongly supported various advocacies both for business and personal endeavors such as the Mansmith Young Market Masters Awards, and the Market Masters Conference, where 100% net proceeds go to charity in the areas of education and youth empowerment. She is a founding trustee of MarkProf Foundation, Inc., which is the search for and training of the Top 25 marketing management trainees of the Philippines and manages a P5 million Mansmith marketing scholarship grant for marketing professors (since 1997). She is also president of the Josiah and Carolina Go Foundation that provides various scholarships and assistance to less fortunate young Filipinos, and Women Center for Achievement, Research and Entrepreneurship (WomenCarePH), which is a recognition, training, and research advocacy focused on gender-related themes. Chiqui is also a Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD).
Chiqui is an Executive Scholar in Marketing and Sales of Kellogg Business School, Northwestern University. She also took advance marketing programs at the Harvard Business School, Columbia Business School (Ceibs campus), IESE Business School (New York campus) and the University of California, Berkeley.
Chiqui is a Certified Master Coach (certified by the Behavioral Coaching Institute), and a certified Appreciative Inquiry Training Facilitator (certified by the Company of Experts, USA).
She is a graduate of the De La Salle University with a double degree in AB Communication Arts and BSC Marketing Management (Accelerated Program). She finished her M.A. English Language and Literature Teaching degree at the Ateneo de Manila University and is currently taking up her MA Anthropology course at the University of the Philippines.
She is currently the Chair of the Women's Business Council Philippines and a member for the Board of Trustees of De La Salle Alumni Association, Inc., St. Paul College Pasig and St. Paul University Philippines. Chiqui was one of the awardees for Outstanding Filipina Entrepreneurs 2011 in the Trailblazer category, the GoNegosyo Enabler Award in 2014 and the ASEAN Women Entrepreneurs Network Award in 2015.
She has written/co-written 8 marketing and entrepreneurship books. She conducts seminars in marketing, business execution, people skills, selling skills, presentation and communication skills, appreciative inquiry, energizing sales teams through positive communication, leadership and breakthrough service.