Control the outcome of negotiations!
Plan to have all sides win before the negotiation even commences. Scenario build. Influence the negotiation climate. Control the meeting. Decipher their strategy. Anticipate traps. Deactivate or detour around your counterpart’s negotiation landmines before they blast away the chances of a negotiated agreement intentionally or incompetently. Level with the pros; handle the unpredictable amateurs and lead either to mutual gain.
CONTROL NEGOTIATION OUTCOME. GAIN THE ULTIMATE POWER OF PRE-KNOWLEDGE ANTICIPATING WHAT YOUR COUNTERPART WILL DO EVEN BEFORE THEY KNOW IT.
People are predictable much more than the average person realizes. Habits, situation logic, personality are systematically used to build scenarios, uncover opportunities and discover possible dangerous turns even before the negotiation begins. Meetings and whatever venue would be used are strategically planned for and tactically executed to provide advantage critical to results intended.
Frameworks, processes, and tools will be provided to develop very powerful negotiators.
Part 1: Negotiation Secrets Revealed
- What differentiates the professional negotiators from the amateurs?
- 14 Secrets of outstanding negotiators
- Untivero’s octagon-cross negotiation modes
Part 2: Negotiation Situation Analysis
- The 3Ps of Strategic Negotiation
- Systematic process of analyzing negotiation situation
- The Negotiation Map
- "Illu-situating" items on the Negotiation Map
- Building scenarios, anticipating issues and projecting branches of outcome
Part 3: Negotiation Strategy Development
- Negotiation strategy development process
- Ducting and diking preferred scenarios
- Planning sub-strategies for contingency and flanking alternatives
- Setting and calibrating negotiation strategy components
- Controlling the negosphere
- Nego-steering and throttle
- Transpar-opacity and Power-Pressure control
- 16 Strategies in 4 Nego-sphere Quadrants
Part 4: Meeting Element and Strategy
5As of Meeting Strategy & Tactics
- The agenda struggle
- Anticipating issues and opportunities
- Player’s roles in meetings: SEAL Team or Suicide Squad?
- Attendee angles
- Arrangements: venue-methodology options matrix
- Controlling meeting venue elements to gain advantage
- Principles and process in optimizing seating arrangements
- Nego-meeting planning templates
KEY BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
Each participant will learn:
- understanding of how superior negotiators think as well as nine (9) negotiation mode-styles and how to deal with each of them
- knowledge of negotiation strategy frameworks
- insights on how to influence and to a certain extent, even control the negotiation atmosphere
- understanding of negotiation analysis and the negotiation strategy development process
- knowledge of meeting strategy
- seed implants of skills involved in strategic negotiation
- familiarization with the use of strategic negotiation tools
- confidence points that reinforces negotiation-posture
KEY BENEFITS TO COMPANIES
The company will gain:
- control of its negotiations
- more protection from the unpredictability of critical negotiations
- financially (more profits, more savings) from a more strategic system of conducting negotiations with other companies
- from ripple effects on other team members
- strategy-thinking negotiators
Case examples of the following scenarios shall be discussed:
- Overcoming an achiever counterpart
- Getting analyzer-types to progress negotiations
- Aborting negotiations
- Building dikes to control nego-steer options
- Executing u-turns in negotiations
- Expanding the problem solving zone
- Using the concession exchange filter
- Avoiding unnecessary cost in concession exchange
- Limiting costly trades
- Detecting the hidden agenda
- Effectively hiding an agenda
- Assigning roles in team negotiations
- Avoiding becoming a suicide squad
- Derailing proceedings
- Swaying neutrals
- Dealing with the negotiation trouble-maker
Recent participants include:
- Vice President For Marketing and Sales of Golden ABC
- Vice President of Microdata
- Trade Marketing Group Manager of Del Monte
- Regional Sales Manager of Sysu International
- Regional Sales Manager of Franke Foodservice Systems Philippines
- Marketing Manager of Asialink Finance
- Sales Manager of Boie-Takeda Chemicals, Inc.
- Area Sales Manager of Consolidated Industrial Gases, Inc.
- Financial Accounting Manager of Lexmark International
- Account Manager of TNS Philippines
- Senior Manager of Convergys
- Head, Healthcare of Nestle Philippines, Inc.
- Deputy Senior Manager, China Banking Corp.
- Marketing Executive of Petronas Energy Phils.
- Business Development Manager of PIC Phils.
- Tenant Relations Manager of Shangri-La Plaza Corp.
- Head for IT & Business Development of Teleperformance Philippines.
- Sales Supervisor of CNS Distributors
- Remittance Marketing Officer of Asia United Bank
- Carrier Relations Officer of Smart Communications
- Export Associate of Universal Robina Corp.
- Sales Executive of Electrolux Phils.
- Group Product Manager of LuxAsia, Inc.
- Pricing and Planning Analyst of Petron Corp.
- Marketing Associate of United Laboratories, Inc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Any person engaged in Selling or Buying, Entrepreneurs and Executives, Managers, Supervisors, Executive Assistants and other personnel, who deal with either external or internal counterparts, customer service personnel and other customer-interfacing personnel would benefit from this seminar.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY EXPERT
Partner and Chief Sales Strategist
26 year-plus veteran of Training, Coaching and Consulting. 28 years of successful sales, buying and negotiation practice, injector of science in the fields of selling, negotiation, sales management, business-to-business marketing, and retail optimization as well as management via his original framework, processes and tools. He is the pioneering developer of the world’s first mathematics of negotiation, strategic nego-mapping methodology, 3D Language Wheel (verbals tones and body language), selling mechanics as well as systematic account development strategies, tools in a business-to-business setting, sales management framework, simplified problem solving, effective coordination, the 4 modes of management, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective coordination and smoothen communication in organizations and many more. He provides a 360-degree and multi-dimensional set of perspectives from that of the CEO, middle management, down to that of the front-liner and staff member and has had exposure in almost every industry.
Rowen Paul A. UntiveroPartner and Chief Sales Strategist
Rowen Paul Untivero is a Partner and Chief Sales Strategist of Mansmith and Fielders, Inc. He is a veteran of Training, Coaching and Consulting for a quarter of a century and with almost 3 decades of successful sales, buying and negotiation practice, injector of science in the fields of selling, negotiation, sales management, business-to-business marketing as well as management in general via his original framework, processes and tools. He has contributed much science to business as the pioneering developer of the world’s first mathematics of negotiation, the strategic nego-mapping methodology, reading and projecting verbals and tones over the phone or to include body language when face to face, as well as systematic account development strategies, tools in a business-to-business setting, sales management framework, simplified problem solving, effective coordination, the 4 modes of management, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective coordination and smoothen communication in organizations and many more. He provides a 360-degree and multi-dimensional set of perspectives from that of the CEO, middle management, down to that of the front-liner and staff member and has had exposure in almost every industry.
He graduated Cum Laude at the University of the Philippines, Diliman, with a bachelor’s degree in BS Economics, a pinned member of two prestigious international honor societies: Phi Kappa Phi International Honor Society and Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society for Social Sciences; supplemented by MBA studies in De La Salle University, an Executive Education Program on Strategic Business Leadership from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business-Illinois, USA, and the attendance to numerous seminars and conferences in sales, marketing, management, and leadership.
Rowen is a valuable combination of being a training master, a seasoned and successful practitioner of marketing, sales and general management, an educator, a co-author, a columnist and a consultant. As a Senior Consultant and Partner in Mansmith & Fielders, Inc. apart from public seminars he has conducted, he has also been engaged in various training and consulting programs, for diverse clientele like 3M, Abbott Laboratories, ABS-CBN, Ace Saatchi, Ajinomoto, Amspec, Amwire, Asia Connect, Astra-Zeneca, Atlas Feeds, Bayer Animal Health, Bayer Crop Science, Bahay Financial Services, Basic Graphics, Baxter, Benby, BoehringerIngelheim, Boral Plasterboards, British Petroleum, Brother’s Burger, Businessworld, Caltex, Century Canning, CEVA SanteAnimale, Chinabank, CWC Group, Del Monte, DMCI, Duty Free, Eastwest Seed, Edward Keller. Electrogroup, Far East Bank, Federal Land, Fonterra, Globe Telecom, Goldilocks, GSPI, Green Cross, Healthway, Hyundai, Insular Life, Intellicare, IPI, Inquirer.net, Jacinto, Jardine-Distribution, Jones Lang Lasalle Lee Chiu, JS Unitrade, JTI, Liquigaz, Khumbu Enterprise, Magsaysay Group, Malayan Insurance, Meralco, Merck, Merial, Metrovet, Microdata, Monark, Natasha, Neltex, Nestle, Nissan, Orange Power, Petron, PCI Bank, Philippine Daily Inquirer, Philsteel, Pru-life, PS Bank, Purefoods, Ricoh, Rockwell Land, Rustan’s Marketing, Rustan’s & Shopwise, Sanofi, Schering-Plough Animal Health, San Miguel Central Key Account Group, San Miguel Pure-foods-Hormel, San Miguel-Feeds, San Miguel Packaging, Scholastic, Sky Cable, Smart, SMDC, Sophia Jewellery, Splash Cosmetics, St. Mary’s Publishing, Summit Media, Sunjin, Suy Sing & Super 8, Syngenta, Technotime, Thinkpadd, UCPB-Gen Insurance, Unilever, Unipresident, URC Beverage, V-Cargo, Watson’s ,World Partners Bank, Wrigley, Wyeth among others. He brings with him his “hands-on” experience and success in handling various general management, marketing and sales positions in companies like Smart Communication Inc., Tupperware, Pocketbell, Liberty Telecoms and Procter & Gamble.
He was Country Manager for Alcatel Mobile Phones, before moving to entrepreneurship. He is currently the Founding Director of DigiPost Marketing Inc., a narrowcasting media pioneer dealing with digital display advertising, the President of Privilege Z!, and also the Chairman & CEO of Connecting Mavens, the business development arm of the Mansmith Group.
As an educator, he has taught marketing and sales subjects in Ateneo de Manila University and St. Scholastica’s College. He has been sought as speaker for numerous conventions and conferences of varied industries as well as the academe.
Rowen has also been director of the boards of the Advertising Board of the Philippines (ADBOARD) and Philippine Association of National Advertisers (PANA). He also became a trustee for the PANA Foundation. He was also twice Vice President of the Philippine Marketing.