This program teaches participants how to use trade marketing to generate a sustainable and profitable sales revenue through the trade customer better than competitors. It neatly integrates the three main stakeholders: retailer, shopper, and supplier’s brand for a more holistic perspective. Basic principles and tools are generously provided to help participant immediately grasp and apply trade marketing concepts to different environments.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
Understand fundamental concepts in trade marketing;
Develop a coherent trade marketing plan; and
Learn basic financial metrics to measure effectiveness of trade marketing programs.
Modules and Key Topics:
I. FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS IN TRADE MARKETING
• Defining Marketing and Trade Marketing
• Retail Marketing Concept: Retailers’ quest for branding
• Shopper Marketing Concept: Consumer versus Shopper behavior
• Branding at the POP Concept: FMOT
• Trade Marketing Structures in different organizations
II. THE 7 Ps of TRADE MARKETING & ITS 3 STAKEHOLDERS
• The 7 Ps of Trade Marketing
• How a Trade Marketer’s performance is measured
• Understanding Branding at the last mile
• The Supply and Demand Initiatives of the Retailer
• Understanding the Shopper and her shopping behavior
• How to engage the shopper at the 3 Shopping Zones
• The different trade marketing initiative objectives and POP Models
III. TRADE MARKETING: Integrating Business Solutions
• How to integrate business process: brand, shopper, retailer
• How to develop the Trade Marketing plan using the 7 Ps and to serve the 3 Stakeholders
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Emilio Macasaet III
Partner and Chief Distribution Strategist
Mr. Emilio C. Macasaet III is the Chairman and CEO of Field Partners Inc., and Partner and Chief Distribution Strategist of Mansmith and Fielders, Inc. He is the author of the best-selling, Distributor Management, the first ever book on distributor management in the Philippine Market, 6 Steps To Effective Key Account Management, and the newly launched book, Fundamentals of Trade Marketing.
He brings with him very extensive and intensive corporate experiences gained from both local and multinational companies like Gillette, Nestle, L'Oreal, Metrolab and RFM Corporation where he was Vice President of Sales & Distribution division. He conducts various sales seminars, consulting, and training programs in most parts of Asia-Pacific and Middle East.
He obtained his MBA from Ateneo De Manila University and took his Doctor in Business Administration at De La Salle Graduate School of Business where he was a former MBA professor in Distribution Management. Bong also attended an executive program on Marketing Channels at Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago; and other special programs at Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), Singapore, and Burke Institute, USA. He partly writes a column in Business World newspaper and is currently a professor of Marketing Management at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business.