July 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 22
10am to 12noon (GMT +8)
During the 2-part live interactive course, Josiah Go, the most awarded business educator in the Philippines, will speak on six different but inter-related topics and share generous number of cases, both classics and contemporary, local and international.
Session 1 (July 12): Business Model Innovation
How can business executives reinvent their 3 commercial mandates -- create, deliver and capture value.
• Principle of Selectivity
• How competing companies can each launch business model innovation in the same industry?
• How to know if your business model is sound
• Improving your business model
• Cases from USA and Netherland
• 4 Issues with contemporary marketing
• Market-Driven vs Market-Driving
• MDS that are not product related
• Finding the 4 levels of differentiation
• What is not Market-Driving
• Cases in baby products, brandy, chocolates, medical, music, noodles
• Cases from China, Netherland, Philippines
Session 3 (July 16): 5 Skills of Master Strategists
Get to understand what you need to know about sensemaking, discovering, innovating, influencing and executing, and why they are an integrated system.
• Sensemaking, discovering, innovating, influencing and executing
• 4 Steps to determine your “Right to Win”
• Heuristics and biases
• Problem with traditional marketdriven thinking
• How to improve sensemaking
• 4 discovery skills to connect the dots
• Avoiding the 10 barriers to innovating
• 4 questions to help breaking out of status quo
• Leadership and management within the 5 Skills Framework
• Cases in ice cream, pharmaceutical, photography
• Cases from Afghanistan, Philippines, USA
Part 2: Marketing
Session 4 (July 19): Marketing Innovation
Avoiding cut and paste tactics requires a new way to think of how to offer your marketing mix individually or as a whole, we will share our framework how to do this on demand to save you time
• From Insights to Big Idea
• Internal launch
• 5 ways to think of new ideas on demand
• How to be more creative
• Cases in eye care, food, funeral, health device, pre need, sms, underwear
• Cases from Brazil, Germany, Holland, Malaysia, Philippines, USA
Opportunity-seeking first before marketing plan. We will teach you 40 ways to apply.
• 5 vectors of growth
• 8 routes to more profit
• 5 traps to growth
• Cases in app, food, geography ecosystem, medical, motel, pharmaceutical, social enterprise, solar
• Cases from Indonesia, Philippines, Switzerland
• Why you need defense lenses
• 8 tests to determining your probability of being attacked
• Understanding consumer decision interfaces
• How brick & mortar retailers can compete with online alternatives
• How to anticipate competitive moves and defend your brand
• Cases in alcoholic drinks, online, soap, supermarket
2 hours per session, MWF
Lecture, Small Group Discussion, Reflection, Short AVP, Q&A
ALL 6 Sessions
Early Bird: P9,888 + vat (if paid on or before June 12)
Regular Rate: P10,888 + vat (if paid on June 13-onwards)
Part 1 or 2 only (3 sessions)
Early Bird: P6,888 + vat (if paid on or before June 12)
Regular Rate: P7,888 + vat (if paid on June 13-onwards)
Group rate: 5 + 1 FREE. Limited to the first 2 companies. Applicable to full course only.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY EXPERT
Chairman and Chief Innovation Strategist
Josiah Go is the Chairman and Chief Innovation Strategist of Mansmith and Fielders, Inc., and Chairman of Waters Philippines (the market leader in the direct selling of premium home water purifiers in the Philippines). He is Chairman / Vice Chairman / Director of over a dozen companies.Known as one of the Philippines’ most respected marketing gurus, he is the most awarded business educator of the Philippines having been recognized as one of the Agora Awardees in 1994, one of the Ten Outstanding Young Men (TOYM) of the Philippines in 2001, one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons (TOYP) of the World in 2002 (the 1st and only Filipino in Business Education given by World JCI in a competition of over 1,000 TOYMs), and one of only two Lifetime Achievement Awardees by the Association of Marketing Educators (2007), the youngest marketing educator to be bestowed this honor. He was also given the Brand Leadership Award during the World Brand Congress in India (2009). His accomplishments was recognized by the international community where he has been included in the 10th edition of the International Who’s Who of Intellectuals (England).He is also the first Filipino to have completed the Blue Ocean Strategy qualification process in Blue Ocean Institute in INSEAD, France and is the first in Southeast Asia to have taught this as a 3-unit, full semester course in a university. He specializes in the fusion of marketing and innovation using the lenses of data-driven entrepreneurship and teaches advanced marketing subjects like Market-Driving Strategies, Business Model Innovation, 5 Skills of Master Strategists, Marketing Innovation, Mastering Innovation and Defense Strategy. He has given talks and facilitated over 1,000 marketing seminars in the Philippines and internationally to teams in diverse industries, in different situations and contexts.A thought leader with 18 bestselling and recordbreaking marketing and entrepreneurship books, Josiah has taught at the De La Salle and Ateneo Universities. He is an Executive Scholar of the Kellogg Business School (in Marketing and Sales Management) as well as the MIT Sloan (in Strategy and Innovation). He also took advance marketing programs at Harvard, Wharton and at the London Business School. His industry affiliations include being National President of the Philippine Marketing Association (1991), Chairman of the Direct Selling Association of the Philippines (2002), National President of the Association of Marketing Educators (2004-2005). He continues to be involved in various advocacies aimed at youth empowerment and entrepreneurship namely, the Young Market Masters Awards (YMMA), Mansmith Innovation Awards, Day 8 Business Academy for SMEs, and the MarkProf Foundation.
How much to pay for each course?REGULAR COURSES
If paid on or before June 12, 2021. Use code: SIX
If paid on or before June 12. Use code: ONE to enroll in Part 1 (Strategy) only.
If paid on or before June 12, 2021. Use code: TWO to enroll in Part 2 (Marketing) only.