Sales Territory & Distributor Management
by Emilio Macasaet III
August 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19 (10am-12nn)
This capsulized online training course is specifically designed to provide Third Party Distributor management practitioners practical and immediately applicable approaches to managing and growing the sales territory’s business through the distributor partner. Each module provides participants with frameworks, templates, and illustrative cases to facilitate more productive and insightful training sessions.
SESSIONS 1 & 2: PLAN & PREPARE: Sales Territory Planning
The Sales Territory Plan is your roadmap to success. How you develop this plan will affect your territory investment decisions, distributor-partner selection, and set the context for all other elements in distributor management. This course teaches participants how to develop a territory-centric sales strategy and sales force design with the distributor as part of its route-to-market model.
1. What is strategy? What is a sales strategy?
2. How channels and customers are segmented using 3 segmentation models.
3. How to develop the route-to-market (RTM) strategy suited for the territory.
4. How to increase distribution and availability in priority channel and customer segments.
- Coverage reach in priority channel segments
- Numeric (Active Buying Accounts- ABA) and weighted distribution (Qualified Buying Accounts - QBA)
- Key factors affecting availability and visibility
5. How to develop the sales force design (organization) to execute the RTM strategy
SESSIONS 3&4: MANAGE: Relationships and Daily Operations
Right routines form right habits. This course teaches participants various structured routines and procedures to ensure plans are executed accordingly and relationships are not compromised along the way. It also includes types of effective meetings and how to conduct each of them.
1. The power of habits and why we need a structured daily work routine
2. Structured Distributor Engagement Procedures
3. Remote Engagement Procedures
4. Effective Meetings: Performance, Strategy, Process, Check-In
SESSION 5: FINANCIAL ACUMEN: Speaking the language of an entrepreneur
A distributor looks largely at the financial implications of almost anything in his business activities. The distributor manager views it from a sales and marketing standpoint. This divergent view is usually a cause for conflict in principal-distributor relationships. This module teaches participants how to speak the financial language of the distributor partner using various financial metrics to explain or justify performance and investments.
1. Working Capital Management: why this is more important than ROI
2. How to help distributor manage Working Capital
3. How Inventory Control Objective (ICO) implementation is linked to Working Capital Management
SESSION 6: COLLABORATION: Your key to long-term success
The mounting pressures to delivering customer demands and creating competitive advantages continue to push many manufacturers to establish a more collaborative relationship with their distributors instead of working in isolation. In this program, participants will learn how to use different governance strategies and types of power to effectively influence distributors to collaborate!
1. The Five (5) Power Sources - and how to use them
2. Governance Strategies for more Collaborative Relationships
3. Joint-Business Review and Planning Procedures
Early Bird Rate - P9,888 + vat
If paid on or before July 10
Regular Rate - P10,888 + vat
If paid starting July 11-onwards
Group rate: 5 + 1 FREE. Limited to the first 2 companies.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY EXPERT
EMILIO MACASAET III
Partner and Chief Channel Marketing Strategist
Emilio “Bong” Macasaet is the author of the best-selling, Distributor Management: Winning Tools in Managing Distributors as Partners, the first ever book on distributor management in the Philippine Market, 6 Steps To Effective Key Account Management, and the newly launched book, Fundamentals of Trade Marketing.He brings with him very extensive and intensive corporate experiences gained from both local and multinational companies like Gillette, Nestle, L'Oreal, Metrolab and RFM Corporation where he was Vice President of Sales & Distribution division. He conducts various sales seminars, consulting, and training programs in most parts of Asia-Pacific and Middle East. He obtained his MBA from Ateneo De Manila University and took his Doctor in Business Administration at De La Salle Graduate School of Business where he was a former MBA professor in Distribution Management. Bong also attended an executive program on Marketing Channels at Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago; and other special programs at Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), Singapore, and Burke Institute, USA. He partly writes a column in Business World newspaper and is currently a professor in marketing management at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business (AGSB).